Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Questions


When I was choosing my questions I tried to find questions that would be short but very useful to me. I really wanted to get a good understanding in issues that I might have to confront when filming or before filming. I tried thinking of typical question a filmmaker might ask one’s self when attempting to produce a film or even start a company. I leaned more towards asking questions that would involve anything that had to do with copyrights and permits, just because I feel that that is what most filmmakers might struggle with at some point. I tried thinking of situations that might occur when creating a film and or video. It’s always very important to be aware of all the legal issues that that the film industry acquires. I also tried asking questions that would help me protect my work and company from any type of incidents. I especially think these questions are core questions when you are in this kind of industry. I think these questions will definitely be helpful and will help me be successful throughout my career.

1. Are there any legal problems with using a specific product in my film?
 
2.Can I us a song or other copyrighted work in my film?
 
3.Do I need to get the rights to music used in my film if I’m not charging people to view it?
 
4. How do I “copyright” my company’s name?
 
5.Do I need permission to use my actor’s image in my own films? What if they’re underage?
 
6.Do I need any permission if a famous quote or phrase is said in my film?
 
7.Do I need permission to film in public places? Would that cause problems with people that don’t  want to be filmed?     

8.Do I need to inform the authorities if I happen to use weapons (for example guns) in a film?

      9.What can I do if my company’s name is used by an established company?

10.How do I get rights to adapt a book into a screenplay? 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment